How would you like to work with one of Canada's most prestigious and well respected automotive groups? Join Auto World Imports Network!
Headquartered in Thornhill Ontario, we are a premier network of 15 luxury automobile dealerships in the Greater Toronto Area, as well as we own 3 state of the art collision centres.
Our company values customers and employees and has invested in principles for success that is only achieved by doing business with integrity and the highest ethical standard.
Come and Join our incredible team! Our AWIN Advanced Auto Body Centre located in North York is seeking a Collision Centre Manager.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits!
- Excellent Group Benefits package.
- Group RRSP Contribution program.
- Training and support programs.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Mentorship and development.
- Unlimited careers opportunities within our automotive group.
This position is responsible for directing the work activities of the collision centre employees, including their observance of deadlines and productivity levels, as well as the maintenance of quality standards. The Body Shop Manager achieves a reasonable operating profit for the department and maintains customer satisfaction standards, while being mindful of expenses. Responsibilities also include prospecting new business to ensure a profitable sales volume.
- Establishes objectives for the department with the General Manager and attains these objectives.
- Prepares and manages the annual operating budget of the collision centre.
- Implements a dynamic marketing plan with the intent of increasing collision centre sales.
- Maintains efficient communications within the department as well as between departments.
- Endeavors to promote harmony and a team spirit with all the other departments.
Tasks related to Customer Service and Relationships with Insurers
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with insurance adjusters.
- Negotiates with insurance company representatives.
- Completes insurance forms, indicating the estimated repair costs and making recommendations.
- Obtains the insurer’s approval and agreement to the estimates.
- Builds and maintains good relations with the customers, to encourage their loyalty and obtain their recommendations.
- Welcomes arriving customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Answers telephone calls, or ensures that they are answered quickly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Provides a high quality repair service and reduces returns to the shop.
- Handles customer complaints as soon as possible according to the dealer’s instructions.
Tasks related to Damage Evaluation
- Examines damaged vehicles to determine the degree of structural and mechanical damage, as well as damage to the bodywork and the insides of the vehicles.
- Evaluates the cost of labour and parts to repair or replace each damaged part.
- Reviews repair cost estimates with the collision centre foreman.
- Weighs the feasibility of repairs against the replacement of parts such as bumpers, fenders and doors.
- Evaluates the cost of repainting undamaged vehicles (retail repairs), converting them to specific uses or customizing them.
- Uses the Shoplink/Photolink/Mitchell System efficiently to prepare the estimates.
Tasks related to Administrative Follow-up
- Checks how work on the vehicles in the shop is progressing, and ensures that guidelines concerning repairs and safety are observed.
- Verifies the quality of the completed work.
- Follows up on orders sent to the parts department, to ensure that the parts are available.
- Verifies the technicians’ productivity reports and the corresponding pay sheets every day.
- Verifies the documents circulating and ensures that they are all entered, duly completed, legible and filed or sent to the individuals concerned.
- Verifies and follows up on collision centre customer accounts, to ensure that payments take place within an acceptable time frame.
- For warranty work, follows the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that the appropriate safety equipment is available and that it is being adequately used.
Tasks related to the Management of Human Resources
- Conducts formal evaluations of the performance of personnel direct reports at set intervals.
- Motivates the personnel and participates in hiring the personnel, jointly with his/her supervisor.
- Encourages employees and/or provides them with technical training and refers them to appropriate training schools, as necessary.
- Manages and draws up the work plan for all collision centre employees.
- Encourages team work in an environment focused on customer service.
- Keeps abreast of available equipment and new tools and recommends purchases.
- Monitors maintenance of the paint booths, the frame straightening material and other fixed assets, to ensure their longevity and long-term value.
- Sees to the cleanliness of the work spaces and customer waiting rooms.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and observes federal and provincial regulations and municipal bylaws governing collision centre operations and occupational health and safety.
- Takes part in management meetings.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Performs other tasks, based on management requirements and instructions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Background in the collision industry is required.
- Previous Body Shop Manager Experience.
- Knowledge of vehicle functionalities.
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence.
- Proficient with Mitchell on Demand, Audatex, CDK and ability to operate PC-based software.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Passion, motivation, focus and leadership skills.
- Results focused approach.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Honest, courteous and able to demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Driven and ability to work with minimum supervision.
APPLY FOR A REWARDING CAREER TODAY!
Please forward your resume to email@example.com . We thank all applicants for their response; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
AWIN is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).